Eight global cities from Europe, Asia, Africa and North America join us in a challenge to find innovative solutions to major societal problems by opening competition among international solution-, technology- and service providers. The eight winners of the Living Labs Global Showcase Award will be invited to pilot their solutions in these cities, proving the effectiveness of new solutions and offering a first step for innovative providers to enter new markets.
The participating cities, representing 40 million citizens from Europe, Africa, North America and Asia call for solutions that can solve some of their most pressing challenges:
- Automation of Urban Services
- Intelligent Urban Lighting Solutions for Social Interaction & Orientation
- Venture finance for millions of African entrepreneurs
- Sustainable Initiative on Intellectual Property Protection
- Creating the Next Generation of Government
- Solutions for digitally enabled accessible ecoCities
- Intelligent Transport Solutions
- Smart solutions for 10,000 Smart Houses, 16 Green Communities, 1 Eco-City
Oracle Corporation and Asia’s Farglory have been named as corporate partners for the 2011 Living Labs Global Award. Submissions follow the format of the Living Labs Global Showcase and can be submitted for free until the 28th of February 2011. A shortlist of the top 40 Showcases will be presented by the international juries on March 21st 2011. Winners will be announced at the Award Ceremony on May 12th 2011 at the Stockholm Summit on Service Innovation in Cities.
Behind each Category lies the commitment of a city to pilot the winning showcase, with full institutional support to evaluate the impact the solution can have on reaching the community’s objectives.