Through the "Think You Can Solve Traffic?" Challenge, The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LA Metro) is seeking solutions for traffic that align with its Vision 2028 goals to reduce congestion and gridlock.
LA Metro is looking for multi-disciplinary teams to submit new solutions to address traffic issues. Technologists, start-ups, inventors, scientists, students, and urbanists that currently work in a variety of sectors are welcome to submit ideas. Possible solutions may address, but are not limited to the following measures:
- Incentives to encourage people to carpool, vanpool, rideshare, take transit, walk and/or bike instead of driving alone.
- Incentives to shift people driving at peak periods to non-peak periods.
- Congestion pricing on local road, highways and/or corridors.
- Parking and curb-use fees that optimize the existing space for cars and other modes.
- And any other tools that manage travel demand.
Submissions are due by January 31, 2019. To learn more and apply for the challenge please click below.
If you have any questions about the challenge or your application, please reach out to Avital Shavit, Senior Manager at LA Metro at ShavitA@metro.net.